At Every Nation Gent we are passionate about Jesus Christ. After His resurrection, Jesus gave the command to His followers to go into all the world and tell everyone about what has happened and to impact people with His life story, where ever they are at. For this reason we believe God has called us to Share God With Hearts & Minds.
Some people need proof and evidence for the existence of God. The simplest place to find this is in the death and resurrection of Jesus. However, there are people who struggle with more emotional heart questions, like for instance the problem of pain and suffering and the existence of evil in this world.
For this reason we are committed to be sharing God with both the mind as well as the heart and emotions. God can be understood as well as experienced. This is actually the way God wants us to know Him … in both our understanding and in our emotions.
Faith is not a blind trust in something that cannot be explained, neither is it a belief in something that is far beyond our emotions and experiences. Jesus is alive and He needs to be explained on an intellectual as well as an experiential level.
The way we live out our vision and fulfil the calling we believe God has given us, happens in four ways:
God is our Father and has adopted us into His family as His Children through the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. From the beginning, God has made us to be part of His family and created us to be in family.
As a family of believers, we are all committed to our Father God and bring all our gifting and abilities together as a family to build God’s church.
Romans 8:15 So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received Gods Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, Abba, Father (NLT).
Just like any building needs a good foundation to be able to withstand the storms of life, so does every person. We are committed to help people build Biblical foundations into their lives so that they will be able to withstand the storms this life brings their way.
Matthew 7:24 Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.
Jesus came to set those who are bound by pain and suffering free from torment. This is the heart of God and the sum total of Jesus’ ministry here on earth. We have a deep desire to see people be set free from the effects that sin has on them. Freedom of mind, soul and emotions are important for us to live a life that is filled with the joy that God has intended for us.
Galatians 5:1 So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and dont get tied up again in slavery to the law.
Jesus gave us His Holy Spirit with the intention to empower us, so that we would bear fruit. To bear fruit as a Christian means that our lives look the same as Jesus’ did. We are called by God to live lives that expand His work and Kingdom upon the earth. We believe that God wants us to be fruitful in the area of making disciples, true followers of Jesus. This is the main purpose of our existence – “to Share God with Hearts and Minds”.
Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
What we believe
Together with our Every Nation family around the world, we have this statement of faith: We believe…
- The Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- That for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the baptism with the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of spiritual gifts.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We also embrace and adopt the Nicene Creed of AD325 and Chalcedon Creed of AD451.